PROCEDURES TO FOLLOW WHEN AN ACCIDENT OCCURS
Whenever an accident occurs on your property or involves your parish, school or organization, the following steps should be taken immediately to mitigate losses:
· Fully complete and sign the designated Diocesan Accident Report.
· Document the exact date and time.
· Obtain the name, address, phone number and Date of Birth of any injured party.
· Determine the extent of the injury to the best of your ability and call for medical assistance if necessary.
· Ask the injured party to give you a detailed description of how the accident occurred.
· Determine the exact location of the accident site.
· Obtain the names, addresses and phone numbers of any and all potential witnesses. Remember, a witness does not necessarily have to be an eyewitness.
· Inspect the accident site immediately, and document your findings, take pictures if you are able.
· Preserve and secure any evidence, such as chairs, ladders, etc.
· If a contractor or organization using you premises is involved, obtain the above mentioned information and research your files for an updated Certificate of Insurance, Hold Harmless Agreement and contract agreement.
· Attach any diagrams, statements, police reports and photos to the designated Diocesan Accident Report.
· Report all non-employee bodily injury claims of a serious nature within 24 hours to Bill Doran at Risk Management at 315-470- 1494. Be prepared to give a verbal report of the results of your investigation.
· If your office is served with a Summons & Complaint or a letter from an attorney, please call Risk Management immediately for instructions.
AUTO / VEHICLE ACCIDENT
BOILER AND MACHINERY CLAIMS
This Boiler & Machinery policy provides additional coverage, over and above the coverages provided by our existing Protected Self-Insurance Program. Schools specifically were included in this blanket boiler policy as this policy provides coverage for a number of items often found in our schools including:
The Boiler & Machinery policy provides broader coverage than typical property insurance including equipment breakdown losses and artificially generated electric current and arcing losses. It also includes spoilage and related extra expenses that often accompany these types of losses.
IF YOU HAVE ANY SUDDEN OCCURRENCE OR DAMAGE involving your boiler or any HVAC, electric, computer or office equipment, please contact Bill Doran at 315-470-1494 at the Risk Management Office immediately. He will assist you in determining what coverage may apply and will assist you in reporting the loss to the boiler insurance company.
WORKER COMPENSATION CLAIM
FIRST REPORT OF INJURY C-2F FORM - (download and print out to fill out this injury report)
ROMAN CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF SYRACUSE
ATTENTION: RISK MANAGEMENT
240 EAST ONONDAGA STREET
SYRACUSE, NY 13202
For more information on WORKERS' COMPENSATION, Click Here for the Workers Compensation section
of the Risk Management portal.
RC DIOCESE OF SYRACUSE ACCIDENT REPORT INVOLVING BODILY INJURY (click on report below to fill out for an injury involving a Parishioner, Volunteer, Visitor and Other)
SCHOOL AND CYO ACCIDENT REPORT FORMS
TO ACCESS STUDENT CLAIM FORMS, CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW:
To “Report a Cyber/Internet Breach”
Please contact Kory Hopkins, Director of IT Department, at 315-422-9063, immediately.
Be prepared to give a detailed description of the breach to your network system.
Or contact Bill Doran of the Risk Management office at 315-470-1494.
Risk Management >