The "Insurance Information for Contractors and Hold Harmless Agreement" form below provides all requirements and
expectations in regards to the use of contractors and/or the presence of
renters on parish/diocese property. We
recommend that this document, or its wording, be attached to any contract for
work on parish premises.
CARBON MONOXIDE INFORMATION - click on the documents below:
General Information for Diocesan locations: Please click on any title below to open up the document.
* ABOUT AED'S - AUTOMATED EXTERNAL DEFIBRILLATOR INFORMATION
* AFTER THE STORM - Facility Management
* COMBUSTIBLE MATERIALS IN THE CLASSROOM* FOOD SERVICE SAFETY SURVEY* FRONT DESK SECURITY GUIDE* GUIDELINES FOR HIRING MINORS* HAZARDOUS MATERIALS, CHEMICALS AND FLAMMABLE LIQUIDS
* PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST
* PORTABLE POWER TOOL CHECKLIST
* SCAFFOLDING SAFETY
* SNOW AND ICE REMOVAL PROCEDURES AND CHECKLIST
* STEPS TO REDUCE ROOF LEAKS
* SUMMER MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST
* UNDERGROUND STORAGE TANKS INFORMATION
* VACANT BUILDING GUIDELINES
* WATER DAMAGE OR A WATER LOSS HAS OCCURRED - PROCEDURES TO FOLLOW
BOILER and MACHINERY INSURANCE COVERAGE
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Syracuse Protective Self-Insurance Program purchased a Boiler & Machinery Policy to cover all of the Diocesan locations. The Policy was purchased through the Catholic Mutual Insurance Company.
The Catholic Mutual Insurance Company has teamed up with Travelers Insurance for the purposes of performing the required New York State Boiler Inspections every two years. Please refer to the Travelers Insurance Boiler Inspection Hotline Information.
This boiler & machinery policy provides additional coverage, over and above the coverages provided by our existing Protected Self-Insurance Program. Schools specifically were included in this blanket Boiler policy as this policy provides coverage for a number of items found in our schools including:
· All HVAC systems (boilers, ventilators, air conditioning systems)
· Electric panels and transformers
· Large office equipment
· Computers and computer systems
· Sound and Bell systems
The boiler & machinery policy provides broader coverage than typical property insurance including equipment breakdown losses and artificially generated electric current and arcing losses. It also includes spoilage and related extra expenses that often accompany these types of losses.
There is no charge for the Boiler & Machinery Policy or State Inspection performed by Travelers Insurance Company every two years. The insured location is responsible for payment of the New York State Certificate of Inspection Fee for each boiler inspected.
If you have any sudden occurrence or damage involving your boiler or any HVAC, electric, computer or office equipment, please contact Bill Doran at 315-470-1494, at the Risk Management office or Ed King at 315-380-9309 (Facilities Management) IMMEDIATELY. They will assist you in determining what coverage may apply and will assist you in reporting the loss to the boiler insurance company, Catholic Mutual Group.
Please note that any damage must be sudden in nature. Damage as a result of wear and tear, rust and corrosion is generally excluded. Please click on the link below for the inspection information: