Diocesan owned vehicle additions, deletions and/or changes should be reported immediately to the Risk Management Department by calling 315-470-1495.
New vehicles must be registered under the primary registrant name: Roman Catholic Diocese Syracuse (please omit the word “of” in the name of the primary registrant). The registrant’s address should be the mailing address of the specific Diocese parish or location. An FS-80 form (verification of insurance coverage) will be provided by Risk Management to all locations for placement in the glove compartment of every insured vehicle. The registration form MV-82 can be downloaded from the New York State website at http://dmv.ny.gov/forms/mv82.pdf
When a vehicle is deleted, the license plate should be turned into the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles and an FS-6T form secured. (Given to you by DMV) The original FS-6T form should be sent to Risk Management Department and a copy kept at the Diocese location.
Please fill out the Add/Delete form below and send to the Risk Management office.
PROCEDURES TO FOLLOW WHEN AN ACCIDENT OCCURS
Whenever an accident occurs on your property or involves your parish, school or organization, the following steps should be taken immediately to mitigate losses:
· Fully complete and sign the designated Diocesan Accident Report.
· Document the exact date and time.
· Obtain the name, address, phone number and Date of Birth of any injured party.
· Determine the extent of the injury to the best of your ability and call for medical assistance if necessary.
· As the injured party to give you a detailed description of how the accident occurred.
· Determine the exact location of the accident site.
· Obtain the names, addresses and phone numbers of any and all potential witnesses. Remember, a witness does not necessarily have to be an eyewitness.
· Inspect the accident site immediately, and document your findings, take pictures if you are able.
· Preserve and secure any evidence, such as chairs, ladders, etc.
· If a contractor or organization using you premises is involved, obtain the above mentioned information and research your files for an updated Certificate of Insurance, Hold Harmless Agreement and contract agreement.
· Attach any diagrams, statements, police reports and photos to the designated Diocesan Accident Report.
· Report all non-employee bodily injury claims of a serious nature to within 24 hours to Bill Doran at Risk Management at 315-470-1494. Be prepared to give a verbal report of the results of your investigation.
· If your office is served with a Summons & Complaint or a letter from an attorney, please call Risk Management immediately for instructions.
IMPORTANT NOTICE ON 15 PASSENGER VANS
You will need to create an account for the training, select the Diocese of Syracuse and they ask for a log-in name, create a password and City, Zip as well as your Diocesan location.
Risk Management >